Re: Prewire Boxes

Bob,

Sounds similar to what I do with motions now.  However, that extra bit of w=
ire in the wall is usually useless, as the drywallers have pinched the wire=
 between the stud and the drywall.  When mounting the motion, I would prefe=
r to have a couple feet of wire to work with, connect the motion, then stuf=
f the rest of the wire back into the wall.  Typically, this isn't an option=
.  And then, naturally, the nail itself tends to disappear... even the ones=
 used in nail guns with glue at the tip.

I could, of course, use single-gang electrical boxes... but I've seen that =
done and the end result looks terrible.

- Chris