Re: Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad at once?)

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 03:51:51 +0000 (UTC), Danny D'Amico
<danny@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 14:49:01 -0500, krw wrote:
>
>> Buy a system from someone else, if you don't like the way
>> they do business.
>
>For two reasons, that is exactly what I would do were I to build
>a system of my own, from assembled parts.

I hope you don't intend on having it connected to the police
department.  They will *really* frown on that.

>1. You can't get the Bosch parts anyway, so, nobody can build their
>   own system out of Bosch parts, and,

Understandable.  It's not reasonable to build cars out of Ford parts,
either.

>2. Even if I could get Bosch parts, I wouldn't build a system out
>   of restricted parts, simply because it would be difficult to
>   expand and repair in the future.

Huh?

>However, when I asked today at a few intrusion alarm places, they
>told me that the "reason" Bosch is restrictive is to prevent
>intelligent burglaries.

Perhaps.  It's their business.  If you don't like it, go somewhere
else.