Re: Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad at once?)

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 02:18:47 +0000 (UTC), Danny D'Amico
<danny@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 20:13:04 -0500, krw wrote:
>
>> Why bother quoting it if they can't sell it to you.
>
>My logic in asking would be the same as my friend asking
>me how much my cellphone cost. I could still quote the
>price even if I had no intention of selling it to him.

So, you would give your friend a price on *your* cell phone without
any intention of selling it?  Do you think Bosch is your friend?

>They all told me exactly the same thing. If they told
>me the price, they would be breaking their legal agreement
>with the manufacturer.

Gee, they won't violate their contract with each other.  How odd.

>So, one thing I've learned here is that Bosch sure knows
>how to lock up a market. I'm pretty sure I will have a
>source by tomorrow though, as I have a few leads pending
>from my phone calls.

Bosch has done no such thing.  "The market" is not their parts.   Buy
a system from someone else, if you don't like the way they do
business.