Re: Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad at once?)

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 14:49:01 -0500, krw wrote:

> Buy a system from someone else, if you don't like the way
> they do business.

For two reasons, that is exactly what I would do were I to build
a system of my own, from assembled parts.

1. You can't get the Bosch parts anyway, so, nobody can build their
   own system out of Bosch parts, and,

2. Even if I could get Bosch parts, I wouldn't build a system out
   of restricted parts, simply because it would be difficult to
   expand and repair in the future.

However, when I asked today at a few intrusion alarm places, they
told me that the "reason" Bosch is restrictive is to prevent
intelligent burglaries.