Re: Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad at once?)

"Danny D'Amico" <danny@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 23:53:35 -0500, tm wrote:
>
>> This board depends on AC power being applied to the
>> alarm unit
>
> Oh! That would make a huge difference since the AC transformer
> is out of commission at the moment (waiting for the replacement
> to arrive).
>
> Thanks for that helpful advice!
>
> Maybe I should only test it with the AC transformer in place?

Just bump it with the 12 volts from the battery. That will pull in the relay
and latch the output. When the voltage falls below the 9 volt limit, the
relay will drop out and disconnect the battery completely.

Just for the fun of it when you go the RS, you might pick up an in line fuse
(3 amp or so) and put it in the red battery lead. that will keep the fire
from starting. :) Get yourself a supply of fuses just in case. I don't see
any fuses on the boards at all.

When you get this working, next thing to do is disconnect all the other
panels from the main unit. Tag all the wires so you know where they go. That
way, you can narrow down any power issues to just the main board.