Re: Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad at once?)

On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 21:02:38 -0500, tm wrote:

> You should peel off the double sided tape on the LV Disconnect board and see
> if any track has been damaged.

Thanks for that advice. The sticky tape was covering the traces:
 http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7345/11061234756_3a7bb08f86_o.gif

So, following your advice, I peeled it mostly off, and looked with a
magnifying glass as you had suggested:
 http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5474/11061138385_441b250d61_o.gif

The 1,000uF 35V capacitor leads are burnt a bit, but, it could have been a
replacement cap for all I know, as the cap is not shorted nor is it an open
(it's about 350 ohms steady).
 http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7450/11061137965_035e7abf80_o.gif

However, the fact is that this sequence shows *something* is wrong with
that D135A battery-protection board:

1. The battery is 13.31V
   http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3780/11016175513_af16f7c34e_o.gif

2. Connecting this way is 13.31V: