Re: Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad at once?)

On Sat, 23 Nov 2013 16:23:09 -0600, The Daring Dufas wrote:

> "It" is the low battery disconnect. Connect the power leads you remove
> from the D135A directly to the battery to see if your system operates.

That is the most direct test I could have run, so, following your advice,
I took the power and ground leads coming out of the alarm system board
and plugged them directly into the battery, which was at 13.5 volts.

The current draw was 98 ma.

But the only thing that happened was the alarm system made a single
beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep that lasted the entire
time that the battery was connected.

I tried this, multiple times, for no longer than the time it took to
snap this picture though, as I didn't want to ruin anything further.

 http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7370/11017175664_eb4f8a7d31_o.gif