Re: DSC 1832 Questions

On Saturday, November 9, 2013 9:44:22 PM UTC-5, Jim wrote:
> I'd suggest that you ask at http://www.diyalarmforum.com
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> On Saturday, November 9, 2013 3:42:26 PM UTC-5, jamul...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>=20
> > Greetings All,
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > I'm replacing an old DSC PC3000 panel with a DSC 1832 v4.6 panel.  Obvi=
ously, I noticed some programming differences and am hoping to get some cla=
rification from the group.  I originally installed the PC3000 and programme=
d it myself back in 1996 so I'm a little rusty here and looking for some he=
lp.  Here's my questions:
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > 1. Do I have to use DSC's line of Smoke Detectors?  I currently have (2=
) System Sensor 4 wire latching smokes model 2412's with a RM-1 end-of-line=
 supervision relay.  If I can still use the System Sensor smokes, any gotch=
a's with the programming for the smokes?
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > 2. I will be using (2) PK5500ENG Keypads.  Do I have to assign each one=
 to a specific Keypad Partition/Slot or can both be in slot8?
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > 3. How many zone label characters can I use to describe the zones on th=
e PK5500?  I thought I read somewhere I could only have 14 characters.  How=
ever, the marketing brochures tell me 32 characters.
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > 4. Finally, has anyone used the EnvisaLink module to allow remote Inter=
net access to Arm/Disarm/Check Status etc?  Is this hard to program or inst=
all as an add-on product?
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > Thanks in advance for your replies and assistance for this 2nd time DIY=
'er.
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > Regards

Jim,
Thank you for providing the link to the DIY forum. I have since registered =
and posted my questions there.  I started with this newsgroup first as it w=
as what I had used back in 1996 to obtain info when setting up the PC3000. =
 Thanks again and best regards.