Re: DSC 1832 Questions

I'd suggest that you ask at http://www.diyalarmforum.com

On Saturday, November 9, 2013 3:42:26 PM UTC-5, jamul...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Greetings All,
>=20
> I'm replacing an old DSC PC3000 panel with a DSC 1832 v4.6 panel.  Obviou=
sly, I noticed some programming differences and am hoping to get some clari=
fication from the group.  I originally installed the PC3000 and programmed =
it myself back in 1996 so I'm a little rusty here and looking for some help=
.  Here's my questions:
>=20
>=20

>=20
> 1. Do I have to use DSC's line of Smoke Detectors?  I currently have (2) =
System Sensor 4 wire latching smokes model 2412's with a RM-1 end-of-line s=
upervision relay.  If I can still use the System Sensor smokes, any gotcha'=
s with the programming for the smokes?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> 2. I will be using (2) PK5500ENG Keypads.  Do I have to assign each one t=
o a specific Keypad Partition/Slot or can both be in slot8?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> 3. How many zone label characters can I use to describe the zones on the =
PK5500?  I thought I read somewhere I could only have 14 characters.  Howev=
er, the marketing brochures tell me 32 characters.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> 4. Finally, has anyone used the EnvisaLink module to allow remote Interne=
t access to Arm/Disarm/Check Status etc?  Is this hard to program or instal=
l as an add-on product?