DSC 1832 Questions

Greetings All,

I'm replacing an old DSC PC3000 panel with a DSC 1832 v4.6 panel.  Obviousl=
y, I noticed some programming differences and am hoping to get some clarifi=
cation from the group.  I originally installed the PC3000 and programmed it=
 myself back in 1996 so I'm a little rusty here and looking for some help. =
 Here's my questions:

1. Do I have to use DSC's line of Smoke Detectors?  I currently have (2) Sy=
stem Sensor 4 wire latching smokes model 2412's with a RM-1 end-of-line sup=
ervision relay.  If I can still use the System Sensor smokes, any gotcha's =
with the programming for the smokes?

2. I will be using (2) PK5500ENG Keypads.  Do I have to assign each one to =
a specific Keypad Partition/Slot or can both be in slot8?

3. How many zone label characters can I use to describe the zones on the PK=
5500?  I thought I read somewhere I could only have 14 characters.  However=
, the marketing brochures tell me 32 characters.

4. Finally, has anyone used the EnvisaLink module to allow remote Internet =
access to Arm/Disarm/Check Status etc?  Is this hard to program or install =
as an add-on product?

Thanks in advance for your replies and assistance for this 2nd time DIY'er.

Regards