Re: On a search

On 3/9/2013 7:07 PM, ABLE1 wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am hearing that the 2013 NFPA 72 is saying that two "different"
> communication are now required.  As I understand the wordage, that I have
> yet to actually read, it means the word "different" applies to a POTS line
> and a Wireless Network.
>
> So I thought I would do a little research by asking here.
>
> Does anyone know of a Combo Commercial Fire/Burg panel that provides the
> feature of having two different forms of communication.  Meaning having a
> built in dialer and GSM module or similar.
>
> Thanks for any input.
>
> Les

I've used both the Edwards, Mircom and Notifier UDACTs (two line
diallers) with some success.  The second channel goes through a DSC GSM
unit which you can either loop back to the primary phone line or just
leave disconnected.  The DSC unit provides a dialtone which will prevent
the second channel from going into line fault trouble in either case.
Both channels will transmit full system status as long as you've
programmed them to report in CID.

On a side note, there's been some problems with the GSM-3060's dropping
off the network (so I've heard).  We've got about 200 of them in the
field and, so far, we've had no issues.

Frank

--
Fire Protection Technicians Network