Re: Vista 20p to RV

On 3/11/2013 7:13 AM, E DAWSON wrote:
> "Doug Jernigan" <djern68@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On Sunday, March 10, 2013 8:05:29 PM UTC-4, JoeRaisin wrote:
>> On 3/10/2013 6:37 PM, Doug Jernigan wrote:
>>
>>>    I want to connect my Vista 20p to the RV in the yard wirelessly.  I
>>> have what I need and know how to do it.  My question.....When the RV
>>> goes on a trip, what happens with the alarm panel?  Does it just
>>> "disregard" the sensor as not being there?  Does it "re-connect" the
>>> sensor when it returns?
>>
>>> Thanks
>>

>> Just make the points unsupervised.  Then the panel won't care whether or
>>
>> not it can see them.
>>

>> But I would suggest that you do a thorough testing of all of them every
>>
>> time you return - just to make sure the batteries are good and the panel
>>
>> sees them all again.
>
> THANKS FOR THE QUICK RESPONCE!
>
> Hi,
>
> At one location where I once lived, there was no garage. I used a wireless
> motion that I would set on my dash to protect my van. If I worked really
> late, my wife would just bypass the zone when she turned on the system. I
> wanted the motion supervised so that I would know automatically if the
> batteries were low.
>
> You could also just bypass the zone(s) before you leave, then, when you do
> get home, all you have to do is open and close the wireless zones to have
> the panel acknowledge them. I am assuming that you are using Honeywell
> wireless and not aftermarket wireless add-ons. By the way, the batteries
> usually last a few years on Honeywell.
>
> Hope this helps you.

We used this method to protect the electronics of several aircraft at
the local flying club.  First thing every morning, management pulls all
the motions from the cockpits.  They're fixed to the headers with velcro
every night before the office system gets armed.  Each one has the
registration on the case, so that any alarms generated actually identify
the aircraft to the station as well as on the LCD keypad.

--
Fire Protection Technicians Network
www.firetechs.net