Re: Ford Transit Connect? Anyone using them?

On 3/2/2013 7:06 PM, jewellfish wrote:
> On Saturday, March 2, 2013 7:29:43 PM UTC-5, sp...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> On Friday, March 1, 2013 1:11:56 AM UTC-5, Chris wrote:
>>
>>> Good people of ASA,
>>

>>> For my next work vehicle... alarm and camera installations, service, site inspections, etc... I was thinking of a 4WD/4x4 with good ground clearance to get through Canadian winters, back roads, steep and icy driveways, residential construction sites, etc.  Of course, it would also need to be large enough to hold a 6' step ladder in the back for everyday use with a rack on top for larger ladders for occasional use.
>>

>>> Now, however, I hear that my next vehicle may be a Ford Transit Connect.
>>

>>> Is anyone here actually using these for work?  If so, I'd love to hear what you think of them and what you've done to make them work better.
>>

>>> - Chris
>>

>> We use thousands of them and they are a TOTAL PIECE OF SHIT!!!!
>>
>> Worse than the ASTRO ever could be, and that is saying something.
>>
>> In one local office alone we have had as many as half a dozen flat tires in a week, with several of the SAME tires going flat again and again after "repair".
>>
>> The seat adjustment is a manual "pump" action. The batteries don't last and are all but impossible to jump, even with a fullsize E-150 V8 running at high RMP because of the battery/electrical connections on the "Transhit" "Dis-Connect" Dog Catcher Ice Cream Truck. No space for NOTHING, you cannot get inside the back. The key to the truck is what amounts to an Ice Pick in your pocket, and you can't separate the key from the Fob to leave the truck running on cold mornings to warm up while you take the fob in the house and keep the running truck LOCKED. opening the hood requires the key and a degree in engineering to find the lock. The lower front apron or valance is broken on all most all of ours from being too low to go past the curb in the front. The exhaust is too low in the rear preventing the same thing backing up to a curb or sidewalk, we have crushed several of them. If you are a big guy like me, you have to drop down into the "Cockpit" and raise your legs up and over the 5
inch tall foot wall well for the doors, getting out is twice as hard, you can't just "turn" and slide your feet out the opening so if you have a big belly, trying to raise your feet high enough to clear the foot well and get out is a royal pain in the ass. The power inverters that we had them outfitted with were recalled for a safety hazard.

>> Hmmmmmm......let me see....anything else....?
>>
>> I'm sure I missed SOMETHING.
>
> Exactly !

At least they're cute!