Re: Ford Transit Connect? Anyone using them?

On Friday, March 1, 2013 1:11:56 AM UTC-5, Chris wrote:
> Good people of ASA,
>=20
>=20
>=20
> For my next work vehicle... alarm and camera installations, service, site=
 inspections, etc... I was thinking of a 4WD/4x4 with good ground clearance=
 to get through Canadian winters, back roads, steep and icy driveways, resi=
dential construction sites, etc.  Of course, it would also need to be large=
 enough to hold a 6' step ladder in the back for everyday use with a rack o=
n top for larger ladders for occasional use.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Now, however, I hear that my next vehicle may be a Ford Transit Connect.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Is anyone here actually using these for work?  If so, I'd love to hear wh=
at you think of them and what you've done to make them work better.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> - Chris

We use thousands of them and they are a TOTAL PIECE OF SHIT!!!!
Worse than the ASTRO ever could be, and that is saying something.
In one local office alone we have had as many as half a dozen flat tires in=
 a week, with several of the SAME tires going flat again and again after "r=
epair".
The seat adjustment is a manual "pump" action. The batteries don't last and=
 are all but impossible to jump, even with a fullsize E-150 V8 running at h=
igh RMP because of the battery/electrical connections on the "Transhit" "Di=
s-Connect" Dog Catcher Ice Cream Truck. No space for NOTHING, you cannot ge=
t inside the back. The key to the truck is what amounts to an Ice Pick in y=
our pocket, and you can't separate the key from the Fob to leave the truck =
running on cold mornings to warm up while you take the fob in the house and=
 keep the running truck LOCKED. opening the hood requires the key and a deg=
ree in engineering to find the lock. The lower front apron or valance is br=
oken on all most all of ours from being too low to go past the curb in the =
front. The exhaust is too low in the rear preventing the same thing backing=
 up to a curb or sidewalk, we have crushed several of them. If you are a bi=
g guy like me, you have to drop down into the "Cockpit" and raise your legs=
 up and over the 5 inch tall foot wall well for the doors, getting out is t=
wice as hard, you can't just "turn" and slide your feet out the opening so =
if you have a big belly, trying to raise your feet high enough to clear the=
 foot well and get out is a royal pain in the ass. The power inverters that=
 we had them outfitted with were recalled for a safety hazard.
Hmmmmmm......let me see....anything else....?=20
I'm sure I missed SOMETHING.