Re: Ford Transit Connect? Anyone using them?

On Saturday, March 2, 2013 7:29:43 PM UTC-5, sp...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Friday, March 1, 2013 1:11:56 AM UTC-5, Chris wrote:
>=20
> > Good people of ASA,
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > For my next work vehicle... alarm and camera installations, service, si=
te inspections, etc... I was thinking of a 4WD/4x4 with good ground clearan=
ce to get through Canadian winters, back roads, steep and icy driveways, re=
sidential construction sites, etc.  Of course, it would also need to be lar=
ge enough to hold a 6' step ladder in the back for everyday use with a rack=
 on top for larger ladders for occasional use.
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > Now, however, I hear that my next vehicle may be a Ford Transit Connect=
.
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > Is anyone here actually using these for work?  If so, I'd love to hear =
what you think of them and what you've done to make them work better.
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > - Chris
>=20
>=20
>=20
> We use thousands of them and they are a TOTAL PIECE OF SHIT!!!!
>=20
> Worse than the ASTRO ever could be, and that is saying something.
>=20
> In one local office alone we have had as many as half a dozen flat tires =
in a week, with several of the SAME tires going flat again and again after =
"repair".
>=20
> The seat adjustment is a manual "pump" action. The batteries don't last a=
nd are all but impossible to jump, even with a fullsize E-150 V8 running at=
 high RMP because of the battery/electrical connections on the "Transhit" "=
Dis-Connect" Dog Catcher Ice Cream Truck. No space for NOTHING, you cannot =
get inside the back. The key to the truck is what amounts to an Ice Pick in=
 your pocket, and you can't separate the key from the Fob to leave the truc=
k running on cold mornings to warm up while you take the fob in the house a=
nd keep the running truck LOCKED. opening the hood requires the key and a d=
egree in engineering to find the lock. The lower front apron or valance is =
broken on all most all of ours from being too low to go past the curb in th=
e front. The exhaust is too low in the rear preventing the same thing backi=
ng up to a curb or sidewalk, we have crushed several of them. If you are a =
big guy like me, you have to drop down into the "Cockpit" and raise your le=
gs up and over the 5 inch tall foot wall well for the doors, getting out is=
 twice as hard, you can't just "turn" and slide your feet out the opening s=
o if you have a big belly, trying to raise your feet high enough to clear t=
he foot well and get out is a royal pain in the ass. The power inverters th=
at we had them outfitted with were recalled for a safety hazard.
>=20
> Hmmmmmm......let me see....anything else....?=20
>=20
> I'm sure I missed SOMETHING.

Exactly !