Re: Bluetooth thingy

news:55f28972-656f-4a5d-9f7f-2925ce21794f@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm of the same mind. There is no reason in this world that would make such
a small, primitive device so expensive. Make one ..... you've made them all.
I'll hold out as long as I can. I just can't justify ..... first ... the
cost .... then the fact that you're blocking out all of the sound you CAN
hear ..... then ... I have tinnitus so the louder the sound gets the louder
the ringing in my ears gets. And lastly .... how the hell can someone else
adjust MY hearing aid to what suites me best?   "How's that sound?" "No
good?" " OK... how's THAT sound?" "No good?" "OK ..... how about NOW"
Gimmiy a friking break. How can someone tell what "I'M" hearing? I want to
adjust my own .... but NOOOOoooo! if they allowed that, how would they ever
make MORE money that the don't deserve....

I'm thinking two plastic cups hung on my ears at this point.

Please don't take this a sales pitch but just a point of knowledge and
discussion.

With a good audiologist and a person that gives the correct response it can
be charted on a graph what frequencies are in need of help.  That said,
today's aids have the programmability to increase volume on those exact
frequencies independently.  Therefore filling in the gaps of what you are
missing.  The unit I have 10 different frequency adjustments within the
normal speech range.  Meaning that in my case I am missing or having
difficulty hearing the frequency of 3500 Hz. (that is just one area)  The
hearing aid can be programmed to increase the volume on that narrow band so
that I will hear it..................... better.

As I said before they are not perfect and do not cure hearing loss.  They
are a tool that will assist in what otherwise you will never hear.  If I
crank mine up I can actually hear the birds singing in the back yard.  But I
also hear everything else very loud which can give me a headache so I turn
them down to normal.

I also have tinnitus.  The only cure for it that I have found is the
following.

DO NOT discuss it with anyone.
DO NOT read about it.
DO NOT type or write about it to anyone.
DO NOT think about it in anyway.

Doing the above will allow your brain to cancel it out and it will not be as
big an issue.

I have heard that some people have used sharp objects on there ears to the
point of destruction in an attempt to stop the ringing.  They are now
totally deaf but still hear the ringing.  Not a good thought.

Since I started to type the above the volume of the ringing in my ears has
gone up 10 times.  I know that after I send this about 5 minutes later the
ringing will reduce to almost zero once I get my brain is on something else.

Hope that helps someone.

Les