Re: Bluetooth thingy

On Sun, 29 Dec 2013 10:27:23 -0500, JoeRaisin
<joeraisin2001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On 12/28/2013 10:23 PM, chasbo@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> On Sat, 28 Dec 2013 15:39:18 -0500, JoeRaisin
>> <joeraisin2001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Not as far as I know - and yeah, music that takes advantage of
>>> left/right outputs leaves me missing the right side.  I am finding,
>>> however, that the ear buds don't drown out too much background yet still
>>> give the buds a fighting chance to be heard - so having both in isn't
>>> too bad.  Assuming I keep the volume reasonable, I'll still hear someone
>>> yelling, "Hey!  That wall is about to fall on you!"
>>>
>>> I'll still generally stick to one, though.  Makes me feel safer and it
>>> doesn't affect too many songs - so far, I've only notice it on
>>> 'Frankenstein'.
>>

>> Are these buds and the attached wrap-around-the-collar-thingies able
>> to double as a hearing aid?
>>

>Nothing in the documentation about it, but I just had that conversation
>with a hearing aid wearing guy on another forum and he uses:
>
>http://misc.oticon.com/com/OurProducts/Connectline/Support/StreamerSupport/index
>
>which looks pretty cool.

Thanks for the responses.  My wife is getting fed up with my "What did
you say?"  I can hear her, but because the eardrums don't vibrate as
well when they were younger, high frequencies are inaudible unless I
put my ear on some keypads. Keypads with adjustible tones I lower to a
frequency I can hear when near the pad, but if I'm in another room,
forget it! Cupping my ear(s) brings in more sound, making the vowels
and consonants much clearer.