Re: Bluetooth thingy

On Sunday, December 29, 2013 8:25:23 PM UTC-5, cha...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Dec 2013 14:53:14 -0500, "ABLE1" <nospamhere@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>=20
> wrote:
>=20

> ><chasbo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>=20

> >> Thanks for the responses.  My wife is getting fed up with my "What did
>=20
> >> you say?"  I can hear her, but because the eardrums don't vibrate as
>=20
> >> well when they were younger, high frequencies are inaudible unless I
>=20
> >> put my ear on some keypads. Keypads with adjustible tones I lower to a
>=20
> >> frequency I can hear when near the pad, but if I'm in another room,
>=20
> >> forget it! Cupping my ear(s) brings in more sound, making the vowels
>=20
> >> and consonants much clearer.
>=20
> >
>=20
> >chasbo,
>=20
> >
>=20
> >You will never, I repeat NEVER get your wife or any wife to understand t=
he=20
>=20
> >problem.  I have been living with mine for 37 years and believe me when =
I=20
> [...]
> >I pushed it to 10 years.  The second set $5,000 and just starting my sec=
ond=20
>=20
> >year with them.  I can say that the latest are much better than the firs=
t.
>=20
> >
>=20
> >For those reading this I hope that I have answered some of the questions=
 and=20
>=20
> >cleared up some of the concerns even though you were not asking.  If you=
=20
>=20
> >need them, get them.
>=20
> >
>=20
> >For the younger crowd(if there are any here) take care of your ears.  My=
=20
>=20
> >time of little guns, very big guns, loud cars, model airplanes, and 22 y=
ears=20
>=20
> >of working in loud manufacturing all with out any hearing protection=20
>=20
> >delivered what I have today.  Can't go back and fix it.
>=20
> >
>=20
> >Have a Happy New Year.
>=20
> >
>=20
> >Les=20
>=20
> >
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I hear you (pun intended)!
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I've steered clear of hearing aids, mostly due to the high cost, and
>=20
> the fear of losing/damaging one or both. To me it seems that the
>=20
> hearing aid industry is ripping off the older folks; whether the
>=20
> criticism is justified, it's just how I feel.  I'm familiar with
>=20
> amplifiers, printed circuits, chips, speakers, and all that stuff; as
>=20
> a teenager and into my 20's I bought, built, and operated sound
>=20
> equipment, etc. for recording, record hops, back in the mid 1950's.  I
>=20
> know that the material cost of building small amplifiers today can be
>=20
> fairly inexpensive, so when I compare the cost of a small amplifier
>=20
> with the going rates for hearing aids, I question the honesty of the
>=20
> industry.  I have never been able to reconcile the high cost for such

I'm of the same mind. There is no reason in this world that would make such=
 a small, primitive device so expensive. Make one ..... you've made them al=
l. I'll hold out as long as I can. I just can't justify ..... first ... the=
 cost .... then the fact that you're blocking out all of the sound you CAN =
hear ..... then ... I have tinnitus so the louder the sound gets the louder=
 the ringing in my ears gets. And lastly .... how the hell can someone else=
 adjust MY hearing aid to what suites me best?   "How's that sound?" "No go=
od?" " OK... how's THAT sound?" "No good?" "OK ..... how about NOW"  Gimmiy=
 a friking break. How can someone tell what "I'M" hearing? I want to adjust=
 my own .... but NOOOOoooo! if they allowed that, how would they ever make =
MORE money that the don't deserve.... =20

I'm thinking two plastic cups hung on my ears at this point.