Re: I singed up for Obamacare!

"BurfordTJustice" <burford@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:l874js$823$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"G. Morgan" <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:43ida9p2m0a28136cviuhb6hqud8c4adae@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jim Wrote:

>Discriminate????   YOU were the one who didn't get the insurance when YOU
>were young. You waited until it was too late. How come YOU didn't
>"Contribute" and "Participate" like you say everyone should do now?

I did Jim.  All it took was one job layoff (from HP) and the COBRA time
to elapse, then not one single company would sell me private insurance.
I've been insured most of my life, it's just the past 5-6 years since
I've not had access to a group policy (which can't discriminate against
preexisting conditions).

When I went it alone and became a private contractor, I was uninsurable -
not by choice; I was discriminated against because of preexisting health
conditions.  I make too much to qualify for Medicaid, and not ONE company
in the whole world would sell me a private policy at any price.

I have not paid into the system for 40-50 years because I just turned 40
years old!  I've got 25 years of pay-in and 25 more to go.  I literally
broke my back installing alarm systems and for my reward I can no longer
do the strenuous work, and until now couldn't afford surgery
out-of-pocket to correct it.  I will now have access to spinal surgery in
2014.

On another note...

What say you about your waitress at Denny's serving you breakfast?  She
gets sick.  Why shouldn't she have access to affordable insurance?  Even
a healthy young woman making a lousy wage in an unskilled job can not get
insurance via their employer, no way can they afford a private policy.

Should she just fend for herself somehow?  We have had socialized
healthcare for decades in the form of ER's being used by the uninsured as
primary care.  I paid hefty premiums for those "deadbeats" too ya know.
But what realistic option did those unskilled, low wage earners have
before the AHA?  One catastrophic accident would put someone in debt for
life.  That's just not morally acceptable.  Healthcare is one of those
things that shouldn't controlled by bean-counters, only selecting healthy
customers to turn a profit.  Every American should (and now does) have a
right to purchase insurance regardless of preexisting conditions and at a
rate that is possible to pay!

{Texas has a High risk insurance pool for peeps like you.
{Why did you not sign up?

Well if he had done that what would he whine about?