Re: I singed up for Obamacare!

On Tuesday, December 10, 2013 3:17:23 AM UTC-5, G. Morgan wrote:
> Jim Wrote:=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> >Discriminate????   YOU were the one who didn't get the insurance when YO=
U were young. You waited until it was too late. How come YOU didn't "Contri=
bute" and "Participate" like you say everyone should do now?=20
> [...]
>=20
>=20
>=20
> When I went it alone and became a private contractor, I was uninsurable -
>=20
> not by choice; I was discriminated against because of preexisting health
>=20
> conditions.  I make too much to qualify for Medicaid, and not ONE company
>=20
> in the whole world would sell me a private policy at any price.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I have not paid into the system for 40-50 years because I just turned 40
>=20
> years old!  I've got 25 years of pay-in and 25 more to go.  I literally
>=20
> broke my back installing alarm systems and for my reward I can no longer
>=20
> do the strenuous work, and until now couldn't afford surgery
>=20
> out-of-pocket to correct it.  I will now have access to spinal surgery in
>=20
> 2014.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> On another note...
>=20
>=20
>=20
> What say you about your waitress at Denny's serving you breakfast?  She
>=20
> gets sick.  Why shouldn't she have access to affordable insurance?  Even
>=20
> a healthy young woman making a lousy wage in an unskilled job can not get
>=20
> insurance via their employer, no way can they afford a private policy.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Should she just fend for herself somehow?  We have had socialized
>=20
> healthcare for decades in the form of ER's being used by the uninsured as
>=20
> primary care.  I paid hefty premiums for those "deadbeats" too ya know.
>=20
> But what realistic option did those unskilled, low wage earners have
>=20
> before the AHA?  One catastrophic accident would put someone in debt for
>=20
> life.  That's just not morally acceptable.  Healthcare is one of those
>=20
> things that shouldn't controlled by bean-counters, only selecting healthy
>=20
> customers to turn a profit.  Every American should (and now does) have a
>=20
> right to purchase insurance regardless of preexisting conditions and at a

Nature and evolution has had the answer you're looking for for millions of =
years. You don't like the answer but it is right there in front of you. The=
 fact that you and others ignore it is evident in the obvious degradation o=
f the earth and the human species.=20

Over millions of years, because of certain evolutionary conditions and proc=
esses it all lead up to the event of the human species becoming intelligent=
. That .... in itself .... is the simple proof that should make it evident =
that those original conditions and processes actually work, as we are (supp=
osedly) at the top of the evolutionary table on this planet. Unfortunately =
we now use our long earned intelligence to blatantly ignore what has proven=
 to improve the species and what protects the environment that allows us to=
 survive and improve ourselves even more.

The first rule is, to return to the earth that which you take from it.
The second rule is, those that can't keep up, die off. It's called evolutio=
n or the survival of the fittest. =20
The third rule is, you must produce more than you consume.

Those rules cannot be broken.

At this point in our story of evolution, because we are so "intelligent", w=
e preserve every defect, every failure, every non deserving non producer an=
d we obligate the producers to make up the difference. Those that condone t=
his process ignore the fact that the producers cannot produce enough to tak=
e care of them and also produce enough for society or the species to advanc=
e. As a result there is no other choice but to steal from the natural resou=
rces of the planet to make up the difference. As we all can plainly see at =
this point, this is a path to inevitable dissolution of the society and spe=
cies. After all, we are just another species on this planet. The above rule=
s do not change just because someone would like them to or because "we are =
not animals" The rules still apply to us, because, like it or not, ..... we=
 ARE animals, and we do live on this planet.  =20

You have to wonder why it took Rome almost a couple of thousand years to fa=
il and why we are proceeding so much faster.   =20
 =20
The countries/societies that follow the above rules will ultimately prevail=
. That is ..... if there is enough of anything left to prevail over.=20

So .... Here ya go ...... If there IS any supreme being out there somewhere=
 listening in, I really think it's time for another earth-rending catastrop=
he. Another "Reboot"  Obviously dinosaurs didn't work. Apparently  monkeys =
aren't working out to well. I'm betting that a society of intelligent ants =
would do a much better job of self preservation. But .... then again ..... =
maybe it's the "intelligence" that's the problem.=20

Anyway, it all boils down to ..... you can't have your cake and eat it too.=
 Then again, maybe I'm just paraphrasing Marie Antoinette.