Re: WTB: X10 Powerflash Module

On Friday, September 21, 2012 3:26:36 PM UTC-5, Jim Rojas wrote:
> Jim wrote:
>=20
> > Yes, I ordered a couple from the webpage. They called me a couple of da=
ys later to cancel the order, and promptly gave me a refund. Jim Rojas Tech=
nical Manuals Online! http://www.tech-man.com 8002 Cornwall Lane Tampa, FL =
33615-4604 813-884-6335 813-440-6653 Fax Email: jrojas@xxxxxxxxxxxx AOL: ro=
jas813 MSN: jimrojas@xxxxxxxxxxx Yahoo: jimrojas ICQ: 20116219 GoogleTalk: =
Rojas813@xxxxxxxxx
>=20
> >
>=20
> > Hey Jim,
>=20
> >
>=20
> > Take a search around for " X10 Pro ".  A few years ago, I was looking f=
or an X10 out door motion sensing light and ordered one from " X10 " When I=
 got it, I noticed that it didn't have the same spec's as the previous ones=
 I had ordered through ADI.  When I looked into it further, I found that th=
ere were two distinct entities ..... " X10 " ...... and " X10 Pro ", and on=
e doesn't acknowledge the other unless  you actually ask them.
>=20
> >
>=20
> > As far as the outdoor motion detector light, the X10 would only detect =
motion out to about 20 - 30 feet and the X10 Pro .... out to 60 feet. Neith=
er entity could tell me why there was a difference in the product. And I th=
ink they cost about the same too.  Of course one was retail and the other w=
as dealer price.
>=20
> >
>=20
>=20
>=20
> That is interesting. I do remember that it was also sold under the=20
>=20
> Leviton name as well.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I was going to use zwave, but $80 per wireless siren is not reasonable=20
>=20
> for the application. I like the Powerflash module. It's clean, simple=20
>=20
> and can be used on anything for just about any application.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Jim Rojas

$80? You must be looking at the Smarthome site because I bought a FortrezZ =
for less than $50 and the Everspring for less than $60 from Amazon

The Everspring is a much better siren