Re: Do you know?

news:8307869d-5a37-4b5c-8c57-2ff708a9a676@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Monday, November 19, 2012 11:36:23 AM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> "Jim" <alarminex@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> news:000b2176-89e8-48c6-bc97-e8340209c7ca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > On
>> Sunday, November 18, 2012 12:32:37 AM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote: >> "Bob
>> La Londe" <alarm_wizard@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message >>
>>  >> > Do you know who made this interesting looking rare earth magnet? > >
>>  >> http://yumaalarm.com/alarmimages/rare-earth-mag.jpg > Nobody? > > I
>> looked around Bob, I couldn't find anything and it doesn't look familiar
>>  > to me. > > Do you know if it's old or not? Could be old and
>> discontinued. > > Depending upon how important it is, since you have
>> somewhat of a lead, you > might want to contanct Tane or Sentrol direct
>> and while talking to them > send them a pic of the device. Someone might
>> be able to tell you if you're > chasing a non existant product or not. >
>>  > Also, just a reminder, there are some companies out there ( Including
>> Jim > Rojas) who deal in old alarm products. I have a name of a company
>> some > where. I can look it up if you need it. It is not old. I do not
>> "need" one.
>
> Maybe it's used for something else.

> Do you "know" that it is an alarm product?

Absolutely.  I know for a fact it was manufactured specifically to hold that
magnet in that position for a particular application.

> Also, I know that Sentrol isn't the same company it used to be but I know
> that it had a number of products that it didn't normally show in it's line
> up or catalogs.

Sentrol used to be kind of cool.  The 6255FM kind of made my mark with the
home builders in the area.  All flush / concealed / low profile installation
in custom homes.  The metal FBII RM keypads too.  I bet I still have atleast
one copy of Sentrol's old spiral bound installation handbook around
somewhere too.