Re: Cheap network dvr 4-8ch

On Monday, November 19, 2012 11:41:10 AM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:
 Just remember that there is a lot of variety, and I am relatively new (jus=
t a couple years) to using IP cameras and NVRs as opposed to analog cameras=
 with a DVR which I have been doing for more than a decade. Some of my stuf=
f typed out off the cuff might not be exactly spot on. You always have to c=
heck the specs of each individual component, and then see if they live up t=
o their brags.

You're that far ahead of me. I've put this off for some time now. But it's =
time to start. I've got a couple of IP cameras that I bought off someone wh=
o wasn't going to use them and I'll begin by experimenting with them and ev=
entually get an NVR and find out about all this "licensing" crap .... which=
 potentially annoys the hell out of me. It seems nowdays that everyone want=
s to be my "partner" holding their hand out trying to make money on the fac=
t that I'm installing something that they want to control. Napco, DSC, Hone=
ywell, Alarm.com, Control 4 ....  the guy on the corner with the cup .... J=
eeeez