Re: Cheap network dvr 4-8ch

On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 1:01:02 PM UTC-5, DS wrote:
> Yes..i mean model to recommend..not site

I think what Bob was trying to say is .... I don't think anyone here would =
know which "cheap" unit to recommend. We're all professional installers and=
 anything we use in not going to be cheap. We have to guarantee and support=
 the equipment that we install and going back to a job to repair or replace=
 an item because we used a cheap piece of equipment is not something we do.=
 It's not profitable and it makes you look bad. All I can say is, Google th=
e part that you're looking for and buy the least expensive one. There's no =
such thing as good and cheap in the same product.=20

My suggestion (?)   Shop around for the product you want. Find the high pri=
ce. Find the low price. Buy something in the middle. Be aware of warranty, =
shipping and return policies and availability of technical assistance. You =
can look at the product lines of Speco Technologies, Everfocus, Dedicated M=
icro and Digimerge. I'm not sure if their equipment is available for you to=
 buy direct but these are some of the  popular DVR/NVR manufacturers that i=
nstallers use. They're not cheap and will likely not talk to an end user sh=
ould you have technical questions.=20

Most of the cheap products come directly from Korea, China, Tiwan etc. They=
 claim to do all the things the products from the above manufactureres do b=
ut.......... there is no or inadequate support, it's highly likely that the=
y will not be available in the future, it is difficult to get anything repa=
ired because there are no repair or mfg facilities here in the US aaannnnd =
...........you can't understand what the hell they're saying when you call =
and ask for information on their product or need technical assistance.   =
=20

You ask me ..... How do I know all this?=20
Well ...because ONCE ..... Just ONCE, mind you .... I bought one and I'll n=
ever do it again.