Re: Alarm/security related domains for sale

Frank Kurz Wrote:

>Seeing as how "Honeywell" is a registered trademark, I should think that
>using this domain might just infringe on that.  They've got even deeper
>pockets than Brinks and we all know the kind of trouble Jim R. wound up
>in.  I wouldn't wish that on anyone!

BTW Frank,

Jim disrespected the court, that is why he lost.  He felt he
couldn't be bothered with the requests to show up.  When he first
got the cease & desist letter from Brinks he showed it to me
(before it was posted!) lol...

Anyway, IIRC there were 10 demands and I advised him to willingly
abide by a few of their requests.  I enumerated the ones I thought
were real 'sticky' ones, and ones I thought were reasonable (like
not selling panels).  It was an all-or-nothing deal for him, he
didn't want to even try to be reasonable.  His response to Brinks
was to 'shove it', or something like that.

I think had he handled the case better, he may have won.  You
don't tell a district judge that she has no jurisdiction either!

--
I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with four or more people. -Mitch Hedberg