Re: We Need To Cancel Service

"Bob La Londe"  wrote in message

> WHY?  Why would the door knocker company even install a wireless
> system when there was a 100% functional wired system with full
> perimeter already installed.

I know my elderly dad, who did not understand anything electrical or
mechanical, would fall for anything anyone new to come along would say
to him. The WORST were the air conditioning repair guys who would tell
him he needed an entirely new A/C system every few years. And I lived
out of town, so not much I could do.

Anyway I can just imagine what these salesmen would say about a wired
alarm -vs- their wireless system...

They would probably say something along the lines that a wired system
could not be depended on. Maybe cite made up stories about entire
families losing their lives because they had a wired system. Or maybe
ask to look at their control panel. Then when they see what type it is
(any type), then say OH NO! (Then come up with a bunch of made up
stuff about how that is the worst system you can get, etc.)

Then they would tell the customer about their NEW wireless system
which has XX technology! And ONLY THEIR system has this fool proof
technology, etc., etc., etc....

You may want to poke around a bit and find out what the salesman told
them about the wired system. Might be interesting!

P.S. Actually I had one of these people come to my door. He was quite
pushy. I told him I already had an alarm. Then he started telling me a
bunch of crap that was not true. I told him I used to work for an
alarm company and installed my system myself. That did not stop him
one bit! He continued with his line of BS. I just kept laughing at
him. He was quite entertaining. Unfortunately he stuck one of my
elderly neighbors with an expensive two year contract system.