Re: We Need To Cancel Service

On Jan 19, 12:00=A0am, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jan 18, 4:00=A0pm, "Bob La Londe" <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I just got one of those calls. =A0Ok. =A0Why?
>
> > They haven't had any problems. =A0Service has been good and quick. =A0T=
hey "had"
> > a full perimeter wired system installed when the house was built. =A0On=
e of
> > those door knocker companies sold them a wireless system in its place, =
and
> > it went on-line yesterday.
>
> > WHY? =A0Why would the door knocker company even install a wireless syst=
em when
> > there was a 100% functional wired system with full perimeter already
> > installed.
>
> Becaue they're highly =A0trained to sell what they sell. They don't know
> anything about alarm systems the just have to roll play with some good
> trainers and they've got all the objections and questions memorized.
> They do what they do ..... very well. Don't give your customers too
> much credit by thinking that they actually know all the benefits and
> features of the system they have, even though you may have spent 2
> hours training them all those years ago. They learn just the minimun
> things they have to know and forget all the rest. They forget what you
> told them an hour after =A0you leave. I've had some people think that
> they 've been using the motion detectors for years. They've completely
> forgotten that I had asked them if they wanted the motion detectors
> always bypassed and that they would have to press the Interior button
> to unbypass them when they leave.
>

> > The customer has a service contract along with monitoring, and I have b=
een
> > out a few times, but its never been a problem with the alarm. =A0They h=
ave had
> > sliding doors readjusted, and windows replaced. =A0Things like that. =
=A0I never
> > charged them even though those types of things are specifically not cov=
ered.

> > I guess good customer service is to be punished, or the door knockers h=
ad a
> > really good salesman.
>
> > Atleast they called and told me, and agreed to send a signed written no=
tice
> > of cancellation instead of just not paying the bill like so many people=
 do.

> I presume that they deactivated =A0your panel ????
>
> If they didn't ..... how do you handle the fact that low battery, AC
> power loss and Fire are activations that will still report even if the
> panel is not armed? =A0Do you go there and deprogram or try to download
> or just let them continue reporting because the account is off line?
>
> They usually get about $40. 00 to $50.00 per month. How much were you
> charging .... including service?
>

> > Yeah, its an out of town door knocker too. =A0Well, if the install is d=
ecent
> [...]

I was getting $35 with service and remote killed the dialer on panel
it was a older DSC2550 but still a good panel   They actually called
other day about switching back and installing a newer panel with
remote services told them too late they have to stay with 5 year
contract till it runs out lousy service and equipment or not  and I do
not take customers back. Sorry Charlie burn me once shame on you burn
me twice shame on me. I never take customers back.