Re: 2GiG recall

On Oct 26, 7:48=A0pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> RHC: This equipment is selling very well up here in Canada I am told.
> Lots of people looking for "home convenience" as first order of
> business with "home security" of secondary concern. For that it seems
> to fit the bill well, but I'll stay with conventional professional
> security hardware and leave the "whoopydo" stuff to others...:))

The problem with "conventional security hardware" is its years behind
the times, while one can argue against an all-in-one system the fact
is the GoControl is as far as I know the first with an affordable
touchscreen which is incredibly easy to use AND can have the firmware
updated remotely. DSC, Napco and GE can't do either. I don't care for
2GIG's sensors but hey it'll work with Honeywell stuff.

I would compare the current situation with GM, Ford and Chrysler back
in the 70's, they had the market pretty much to themselves for decades
and each did incremental upgrades to their products for years based on
what the two companies were doing then came the Japanese/Germans who
brought out better and more innovative products which caused the Big 3
to go from being leaders to spending the next 30 years playing catch
up. Honeywell's current offerings date back to Vista panels from 20
years ago, DSC's current panels aren't much different than the PC5010
introduced in 1993. Same with Napco and GE/UTC'. All good stuff but at
least 10 to 15 years behind the times.

If you don't believe me look at what they are now doing, because of
2GIG Honeywell rushed out the Lynx Touch, GE rushed out a touchscreen
for the Simon XT, neither is close to what the GoControl can do. The
upcoming 2GIG TS1 touchscreen is excellent and extremely affordable.

And it's not just 2GIG, Alarm.com is by far the best addition to a GE
or 2GIG panel I've ever seen, so much so Honeywell rushed out Total
Connect (which still has a long way to go), someday soon DSC will have
it's own similar setup coming out. GE was going to come out with
Premise Connect a couple of years ago yet who knows what happened
because it never got introduced. All these are years behind Alarm.com,
my only complaint is they aren't compatible with any other brand. I've
gotten to the point where I wonder if any of these other companies
even look at what 2GIG or Alarm.com are doing because like it or not
they are getting their butts handed to them in the low-end market

Now Tom can call me a 2GIG fanboy all he wants but the fact is I'm a
DSC/Honeywell guy, I WISH they'd bring out something better but so far
they haven't and it doesn't look like they will any time soon.