Re: Filing Cabinets That Use Electronic Access?

"Bill" <billnomailnospamx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "ABLE1"  wrote in message
>>
>> Gee whiz Bill, you might have drawn up the plans and schematics and
>> emailed them to him.  Now that he as all the information on how to do it
>> for FREE he will never want to contact me to do the work!!!
>>
>> Bummer!!!  It would have been a fun project for the winter.
>>
>> Les
>
> No, he will still need yours or someone else's help. For us this stuff is
> simple, for non-mechanical/electrical people, this stuff is impossible!
>
> But then again everybody is good at something. I can't play the piano. I
> just can't learn that stuff. I'm not good at that sort of thing, so I
> leave it to others...

Yea, you are right.  I spend to much time figuring out a certain project for
someone who then decides it is going to cost too much or some other reason
not to go forward.  They never seem to consider the time that I spent
getting to that point.  Lately I have been throwing a written agreement at
them for T&M or some minimum charge for me to see what falls out of my
brain.   People just either don't have a clue or any consideration for those
that really know how to put together what it takes to go from a idea to
final product.  With your posting as well as Jim's it would seem that there
are some of use out here that can put together what "W" wants.  My only hope
it that we have not given him too much input for FREE.

And to "W" if you can't find someone locally to do this project then you
haven't looked hard enough.  We are out there.  We just deserve to be
compensated for what we know as well as what we do.  Due to the nature of
what you desire the first will be the most expensive.  After that each
additional will be less expensive.  Depending upon the your final design
criteria the final cost may or may not prohibitive.  It depends on the ROI
that you desire.  As before you could do nothing at all and save a lot of
dollars.  The again sharing the dollars to get what you want will certainly
help the economy.  Not that it needs it or any thing.

Les