Re: One of those strange phone calls

On Nov 29, 7:12=A0am, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Nov 29, 12:46=A0am, Spellcheck Patrol <alarminst...@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > That's pretty amazing. =A0 I can't imagine the effort it took him to
> > > make that call.
>
> > > I was bullied and did my share of bullying, but would never expect
> > > anyone to call me ..... nor would I ever feel compelled to call
> > > someone. <
>
> > First of all anyone who went to school with you is more than likely
> > wearing diapers and mumbling in some nursing home hallway,
> > Second of all how the fuck could they find you anyway? My money says
> > you probably used a socko in school too.
> > Jim Alarminex please report to the gymnasium....Jim Alarminex.
> > Happy Holidays Ejad :)
>
> Jim your right about it making you stronger . But so many it has
> destroyed and they never recovered mentally from it.
> people need to know there actions have consequences. very long term
> consequences.

RHC: Yes, so true. My son was bullied for years and he never told
anyone. Luckily, he grew up with no mental handicaps because of it,
but he still bears the scars of his troubled youth.

I remember being bullied too. I solved the problem by sneaking up on
the guy and sucker punching him from behind, then proceeding to stomp
him so hard he almost ended up in the hospital. Most bullies are
cowards by nature, so after I also threatened him a bit more, I never
had any further problems. I am not proud of what I did, but it solved
my problem not only with him but with his small band of like minded
cohorts. I wouldn't recommend that solution today; it would likely
result in endless lawsuits.

I've never struck or willingly harmed another person since then, so it
ended up having as much affect on me as it did on him. I don't know
what the solution to this serious problem is; however, one way society
can deal with these kinds of problems is by bringing them out in to
the open and creating social barriers in people minds (as is being
done more and more with drunk driving, cell phone use while driving,
and unsafe firearms storage...) Passing laws does little; making it
socially unacceptable seems to be the only thing that works in any
way.

With social media so prevalent today, I wonder why names of offenders
don't appear on Facebook and Twitter. Being chastised or shunned by
your peers can be a strong motivator to change behaviour  (yes, I also
see the great dangers in this approach)