Re: One of those strange phone calls

On Nov 28, 9:43=A0pm, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Had some one I went to grade school in 60's =A0with and who was a bully
> call me to night out of the clear blue to apologies for bullying me
> all those years ago.
> Seems all these almost 40 years he was worried I might come and get
> revenge on him.
> and one should never let an opportunity pass:) =A0considering I am over
> 6 ft and 225 pounds =A0when i use to be this skinny weak little kid of
> 156 pounds when I graduated high school =A0I can understand how he might
> be worried. Especially over the years I have whacked a few of those
> old bully's =A0around when I had the chance. =A0Ends up he has had cancer
> as well and it was a good conversation with him. catching up on old
> times. strange how one mellows and regrets what they did all those
> years ago.
> Its a shame how many of my class mates are dead , in prison or other
> wise have had a ruined miserable =A0life.
>
> Guess it is true what my Grandfather use to always say =A0"Every dog has
> his day"
>
> I wish him well and hope he has found peace in his life it is a shame
> it took this long to realize it though.

That's pretty amazing.   I can't imagine the effort it took him to
make that call.

I was bullied and did my share of bullying, but would never expect
anyone to call me ..... nor would I ever feel compelled to call
someone.

It's just life. ...

There's this big "push" on now to stop the on-line bullying and it has
spilled over into the school yard and hearing your story ...
obviously, with all the publicity,  some people are feeling the guilt
of their childhood coming back to haunt them. I think it's like a lot
of life's experiences. Some people use them to make themselves
stronger and others it affects negatively. You know ..... what doesn't
kill you, makes you stronger. I suspect that that is more common but
you only hear about the kids who off themselves because someone called
them names.

Perhaps the helmets that the kids are compelled to wear while riding
their bicycles will now come with ear plugs to drown out the bullying.
Hey! That's it! ...A whole bullying protective kit, ...... Kevlar
vest, knee and elbow pads, helmet, goggles, earplugs, stun gun .....
Kids will leave the house looking like that little kid in the red
snowsuit in that movie, the Christmas Story.