Re: 2GIG and Total Connect, Where's the beef ??

Google: tort contract interference, and you'll probably find a ton of stuff.

Doesn't matter if you are happy with a contract or not if you signed a 3
year contract you have to complete the terms unless the company you  have
contracted with decides to let you out of the contract, if you sign with
another company during the period you are under contract with the original
company the original company had interfered with a contract; tortuous
interference of a contact. You can both get sued...of course no one is gonna
sue for a couple of hundred bucks but that's the gist of it.

Not the same as servicing someone else's panel (which I would never do
either unless that company contracted me to do service for them).