Re: Some installers should not be working on advanced panels

On Mar 18, 6:14=A0pm, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mar 18, 5:24=A0pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > On Mar 18, 4:01=A0pm, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > They should put a very big note in Vista 32FB- 128 FB BP etc. As Well
> > > as NX-8 etc etc.
>
> > > WARNING THIS PANEL IS TO BE INSTALLED AND PROGRAMMED ONLY BY
> > > EXPERIENCED INSTALLERS. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PROGRAM BY HAND UNLESS YOU
> > > KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING OR YOU COULD PUT LIFE AND PROPERTY AT
> > > RISK.
> > > THIS PANEL HAS EXTENSIVE MENUS AND ADVANCED FUNCTIONS =A0ONLY A
> > > QUALIFIED TECH WILL FULLY UNDERSTAND.
>
> > > IF YOU ARE NOT SURE KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF AND PUT YOUR SCREW DRIVER DOW=
> > > AND GET SOME ONE WHO DOES.
>
> > > Once again I found some fucking idiot =A0installers who tried to inst=
all
> > > addressable smokes on the 2 wire loop could not get it working so the=
> > > just turned off zone and left it disabled =A0over year 1/2 ago.
>
> > > Could not get heat loop working had series and parallel resistors on
> > > it. so they disabled it and told no one .
> > > had wrong resistors where the hell they came up with 10 k resistors
> > > when only 2 k come with panels.
>
> > > This was a 3 million dollar home and there where no 120 daisy chain
> > > smokes in residence.
>
> > RHC: You think ?? Hey, I see that all the time, regardless of the
> > alarm company or anything else. There are far too many incompetent
> > installers in this industry, just as there are far too many
> > incompetent people in any line of work. Only thing is in our line of
> > work, when things don't work, people can actually get hurt (especially
> > in the fire alarm industry).
>
> > Don't let it get to you...just fix the problem and move on....
>
> It does get to me when Iam not installing alarms I work as a fire
> investigator =A0and I have been on some nasty ones lately.

RHC: I know Nick, I bet you see things that most people on this group
can only think about.

I recently took over an ADT installed system with smoke detectors that
had NEVER worked from day one due to improper installation. Details in
the panel indicated it had been installed some five years previously.
That's five years that no one had the protection they had been paying
for. That's five years that the insurance company had been extending a
discount that was not proper. And worse, that's five years during
which someone could had died because of the total incompetence of some
"professional" installer.

But bottom line, what could anyone do at that point but fix the
problem and move on.....which I did.