Re: Some installers should not be working on advanced panels

On Mar 18, 4:01=A0pm, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> They should put a very big note in Vista 32FB- 128 FB BP etc. As Well
> as NX-8 etc etc.
>
> WARNING THIS PANEL IS TO BE INSTALLED AND PROGRAMMED ONLY BY
> EXPERIENCED INSTALLERS. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PROGRAM BY HAND UNLESS YOU
> KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING OR YOU COULD PUT LIFE AND PROPERTY AT
> RISK.
> THIS PANEL HAS EXTENSIVE MENUS AND ADVANCED FUNCTIONS =A0ONLY A
> QUALIFIED TECH WILL FULLY UNDERSTAND.
>
> IF YOU ARE NOT SURE KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF AND PUT YOUR SCREW DRIVER DOWN
> AND GET SOME ONE WHO DOES.
>
> Once again I found some fucking idiot =A0installers who tried to install
> addressable smokes on the 2 wire loop could not get it working so they
> just turned off zone and left it disabled =A0over year 1/2 ago.
>
> Could not get heat loop working had series and parallel resistors on
> it. so they disabled it and told no one .
> had wrong resistors where the hell they came up with 10 k resistors
> when only 2 k come with panels.
>
> This was a 3 million dollar home and there where no 120 daisy chain
> smokes in residence.

Hell, I know people in this business who shouldn't even be allowed to
wire a home, much less install anything.

Sometimes I'll have to use an installer "borrowed" from another
company. I mean, I know I've been doing this for over 40 years and
could probably snake a wire up a brick wall, but some of these guys
after being in the trade for 20 years, will take a half hour trying to
snake a wire up an inside, non insolated wall. I'll see their
frustration, walk over, snake it in less than a minute and watch their
surprised amazement. There are only a small number of options to snake
a wire anywhere and if  you don't know them after at least a couple of
years of trial, error and instruction ..... man ...... go do something
else for a living.