Re: Need Ladder Info

On Mar 11, 9:54=A0pm, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > It's highly unlikely. =A0Those things are built solid (at least the Wer=
ner brand).

> > After all, that's what it's designed for. =A0The notion of using a 100 =
lb. ladder
> > as a multi-ladder for everyday use is ridiculous. =A0Plus, they don't e=
ven work
> > that way (as an extension ladder).

> > Most definitely. =A0My contribution was helping carrying the beast, and=
 get it
> > set-up. =A0I wouldn't get on it!
>
> > >For that matter any time your over 6 ft on ladder =A0your suppose to
> > >have a full harness on.
>
> > Sometimes that's not possible. =A0In fact, sometimes attempting to tie-=
off is
> > dangerous in itself. =A0I use my better judgment, and knowing where the=
 safety
> > dude helps too, hopefully out to lunch.
>
> > >Since I do mostly industrial you follow OSHA rules =A0or you do not
> > >work.
> > >I have been on plenty of sites where they have sent contractors
> > >packing for not following safety rules.
>
> > I've seen them cut extension cords, cut cords off power tools, and cutt=
ing
> > ladders in half.
>
> I do not work with contractors =A0that are not safe most safety is
> common sense. if you have none you should not be working. and cutting
> out paper dollies instead.-

A few years ago, someone at a local Home Depot made a statement to
OSHA.

They got a maniquin and dressed him up in work clothes and safety
gear.

He had a hard hat, ear plugs, goggles, air filter facemask,
suspenders, back brace, elbow pads, wrist braces, yellow rubber work
golves, jock strap ( on the outside of his work overalls) knee pads,
shin pads, steel toe shoes and what ever else you can think of. Was
really hysterical.