Re: Need Ladder Info

nick markowitz <nmarkowitz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> The ladders are very sturdy  and solid despite there design  so
>> toppling is not very likely.

It's highly unlikely.  Those things are built solid (at least the Werner brand).

After all, that's what it's designed for.  The notion of using a 100 lb. ladder
as a multi-ladder for everyday use is ridiculous.  Plus, they don't even work
that way (as an extension ladder).

>> That said only experienced people should be using them there not for
>> an amateur to set up.

Most definitely.  My contribution was helping carrying the beast, and get it
set-up.  I wouldn't get on it!

>For that matter any time your over 6 ft on ladder  your suppose to
>have a full harness on.

Sometimes that's not possible.  In fact, sometimes attempting to tie-off is
dangerous in itself.  I use my better judgment, and knowing where the safety
dude helps too, hopefully out to lunch.

>Since I do mostly industrial you follow OSHA rules  or you do not
>work.
>I have been on plenty of sites where they have sent contractors
>packing for not following safety rules.

I've seen them cut extension cords, cut cords off power tools, and cutting
ladders in half.