Re: IP network CCTV

On Jun 3, 7:38=A0pm, <petem...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Jim you dont need fix IP to find the ca,m over the net. you need a domain
> name..
>
> Just use the service from no-ip.com
>
> they are at :http://www.no-ip.com/services/managed_dns/free_dynamic_dns.h=
tml

> with that service and a properly configured router, or a client software =
on
> a computer on the network you want to access, you will only have to point=
> a domain name like mom.no-ip.org as the ip adress and the service will po=
int
> to the mon network..
>
> now just program the router to make the cam available outside the network
> (port fowarding) if you dont use a dvr and point to the cam directly you
> will have to point each camera to a different port since they will all be=
 on
> port 80 (normaly)
>
> so you would need something like cam 1 ip fowarded to port 81 , cam 2
> fowarded to port 82..

Thanks Petem,

Sounds like I should investegate that service. Any idea what they
charge?

I'll save a copy of your post for their file for reference for after I
get the go-ahead to do the survey.

But ..... I wasn't thinking about using IP cameras but using these Wi
Fi cameras. I've never installed one before but I believe they have a
converter or server that converts the analog video from multiple
cameras and provides a single IP address to the network. Prior to
researching it, I don't know how they accomplish it but most of the
ones I've seen I seem to remember them saying that they are PNP. and/
or DLNA compatable.