IP network CCTV

I was just asked by someone about installing a CCTV camera
system ...remote accessable.

Here's the situation. It's in a condo.

Mom lives on second floor in one unit. Daughter lives on second floor
unit right next door. Mom has a hired care giver for most of the days
during the week. If daughter wants to check on Mom or caregiver she
has to run down the stairs from her unit and up the stairs to Moms
unit. Daughter would like to check up on care giver and Mom without
making the stairway trip. Son would like to check up on mom from work
and from his home occasionally and also when daughter is not at home.

I thought that since they were right next door to one another a Wi Fi
camera system would work. I'm presuming that an " N " series router
with  two frequency capability would penitrate a cement brick wall if
they were close enough to the wall. ( any thoughts or experience with
that)

Has anyone here tried a Wi Fi CCTV system that they could steer me
to ....... or away from?

TIA