Re: IP network CCTV

On Jun 2, 11:11=A0pm, "RockyTSquirrel" <gafa_...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> be sure of the IP =A0bandwidth and static IP address =A0 for the son..
> we've had some RF interference problems with certain Wi Fi extenders
> (but we use IP DVR's not the single IP camera..)
> We've had some good results with wireless analog CCTV's up to 400 feet bu=
> beyond that =A0its iffy.
>
> RTS

Re the static IP address. Hmmm ...So, without a mfg provided server,
the son would have to know the IP address of moms house ...... right?

I'm not talking about using "IP" cameras. I'm thinking about cameras
that use the local residential Wi Fi network.

If mom's house has an Internet connection with a Wi Fi router with
cameras attached to it and daughter is on the other side of the
( cement brick) wall using Mom's Internet connection (wirelessly)  I'm
thinking that would/should work. It might even be possible to drill a
hole through the wall for a wired connection. (as long as the landlord
doesn't know about it.)      ( But I suppose that would break some
fire regulations, come to think of it)

Anyone got any thoughts on this?