Re: Internet Explorer and Security Cam DVR Systems

Tony Sivori Wrote:

>G.Morgan wrote:
>
>> Tony Sivori Wrote:
>>

>> Usually there is a 'mobile' page that just requires a common codec on
>> the browser end.
>>
>> What DVR brand/model are we talking about?
>
>Zmodo PKD-DK8002
>
>http://www.homesecurity361.com/8-ch-security-dvr-infrared-outdoor-camera-system-w-1tb.html
>
>I don't have a smart phone. So for now at least, the phone access would be
>useless to me.

Use the smart phone settings on your Linux desktop w/ Firefox.

In addition, this DVR supports Live View via Smart Phone & 3G Mobile
with each of those systems below:
a) iPhoneâ?¢
b) Google Android
c) Blackberryâ?¢ OS as of now: V4.7
d) Running Windows Mobileâ?¢ Pro 5.0 & 6.1 Operating System
e) Running Symbian Operating System: S60 3rd & S60 5th.

All it will be is a live view with buttons to change cameras (likely),
I've never even heard of that brand.

>>>So I could do live monitoring on the LAN, but I couldn't set zones,
>>>motion detection, PTZ and the like without IE? Could I still do that
>>>directly through the DVR controls?

Of course.