Re: Ademco Custom Zone Type for outdoor chime

On Jan 27, 6:32=A0pm, "Christopher Glaeser" <c...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > You can add a 2nd voice keypad and place the outdoor motions on a separ=
ate
> > partition. You will need to program the keypad for partition 2 only as
> > well...that will do it.
>
> Thanks, I was wondering if a second partition would be the best solution.
> Currently, in addition to the Vista panel, I'm using a LYNX and 5828V
> keypads to monitor the outdoor sensors, and am trying to get everything t=
> work on the one Vista panel. =A0Using a second partition would be a bette=
> alternative to two alarm systems if I can get it to work.
>
> Quick question. =A0What are the implications for the second partition and
> Total Connect? =A0In particular, would it be possible to get a text messa=
ge
> when an outdoor sensor is faulted? =A0I'm guessing there may be two issue=
s.
> 1) Can a single Total Connect account work with two partitions, and 2) ca=
> Total Connect be programmed to send a test message for a non-alarm event
> such as a chime?
>
> FWIW, I'm surprised this outdoor sensor chime isn't a more common feature=
.

> Best,
> Christopher

It might work for  you, but if someone were to do that around here, it
would drive them crazy. We have raccoons, possum, deer, fox, cats,
dogs and every other indigenous memeber of a menagerie you can think
of.

I have a chime on my motion light in my driveway and sometimes I have
to shut the damn thing off, it gets so annoying. Then I forget to turn
it back on, so it's basically ..... useless.