Ademco Custom Zone Type for outdoor chime

Using a Vista 20P panel.  Created a custom zone type for outdoor sensors to
chime and never trigger an alarm.  The system will voice announce the
outdoor sensor that is faulted when the alarm is off, but when the alarm is
on, the outdoor sensors announce "Alarm Away" or "Alarm Stay" and do not
announce which sensor is faulted.  Whether the alarm is on or off, I want
the system to tell me if someone is approaching the front door, driveway,
side gate, etc.  Is it possible to program the panel so that it will
announce the faulted sensor when the alarm is both on and off, or is this a
limitation of the Vista panel?

Best,
Christopher