Re: Ademco Custom Zone Type for outdoor chime

> You can add a 2nd voice keypad and place the outdoor motions on a separate
> partition. You will need to program the keypad for partition 2 only as
> well...that will do it.

Thanks, I was wondering if a second partition would be the best solution.
Currently, in addition to the Vista panel, I'm using a LYNX and 5828V
keypads to monitor the outdoor sensors, and am trying to get everything to
work on the one Vista panel.  Using a second partition would be a better
alternative to two alarm systems if I can get it to work.

Quick question.  What are the implications for the second partition and
Total Connect?  In particular, would it be possible to get a text message
when an outdoor sensor is faulted?  I'm guessing there may be two issues.
1) Can a single Total Connect account work with two partitions, and 2) can
Total Connect be programmed to send a test message for a non-alarm event
such as a chime?

FWIW, I'm surprised this outdoor sensor chime isn't a more common feature.

Best,
Christopher