Re: Here you go housing starts in the dumper

On Jan 21, 12:29=A0am, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jan 20, 6:57=A0pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > RHC: You said the majic words Nick !! =A0Residential accounts that want
> > everything for free are definately NOT my market. The crowd that buy
> > phoney "free systems", or don't expect to pay fair market price for a
> > system; who don't mind being suckered into overpriced, long term
> > contracts, are a significant minority of people who are....(not
> > necessarily in this order)....unsophisticated, lower economic "class",
> > poor shoppers, easily suckered by unsophisticated adverstising; simply
> > have no money and won't likely ever have; don't think things through
> > past the end of their nose; or are just plain downright stupid !
>
> > I don't deal with these types of customers from the get go....it's
> > pretty easy to send these types packing within a couple of minutes of
> > starting to talk to them. They usually end up with either ADT or worse
> > yet Alarmforce....
>
> It's just a lot easier to say that the people who buy these systems
> would not be my customers to begin with.
> Sometimes, after they've had one of the cheapie systems for awhile,
> some of them will become egermeckcated and learn the hard way. Some of
> those I get occasionally.
>

> > So ...yes....comparing the situation where you have to deal with these
> > kinds of =A0customers, versus dealing with commercial accounts, I'd hav=
> > to agree with you....
>
> > (Damn...after 20 years in this business, I'm starting to get awfully
> > crusty.....)-
>
> See? =A0NOWWW you know why I'm so cranky all the time ....!!!

RHC: Naw....you're not cranky, it's just that you (and I) have been in
the business so long that we see how absolutely stupid a lot of people
can be !  But no matter how much we rant about it, there will always
be loads of shoppers who will go this way, and there will always be
loads of "money machine" companies like ADT and outright scammers like
Alarmforce who will continue to value a customers money over their
security.

That's just the "way of the world" I guess....