Re: Here you go housing starts in the dumper

On Jan 20, 2:06=A0pm, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >I feel sorry for any one working in new residential =A0area.
>
> That's the highest stress, lowest paying, least desirable area to
> work in. =A0IMO

RHC: Oh, I dunno if that is always the case Grant. Residential
accounts generate the same revenue as commercial account by and large,
but without the constant need for changes in zoning and calling lists,
endlless false alarms due to no one in particular being in charge,
constant calls to change things around as they change their offices. I
only have 40 commercial accounts in my total of 1100, and by far and
away, they cause a lot of after sale calls for service. If my
residential accounts were anywhere near as troublesome, I could never
handle this volume of customers.

I guess if you have to peddle door to door to get business, and offer
phoney "free systems" to survive, then I would certainly agree with
you. But for any real security company, I have to disagree !