Re: 7412 Programming

Just Looking wrote:
> Everyone knows there is a way to default a G series panel. Everyone
> knows no one here is going to tell you how. Hint, it involves removing
> the lithium battery and knowing the codes to get back in the panel. In
> case you don't know already, removing the battery will make the panel
> inoperative. P.S. No one at the factory will tell you how that's for
> certain.
>
> "James B" <denco2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On Jan 19, 9:12 pm, Jim Rojas <jro...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> James B wrote:
>> invalid

>> can >> get

>> > Thanks Jim, we put a call in to the previous company, but I doubt it
>> > will do any good. Can you tell me how to default the panel?
>>
>> The problem with defaulting the panel, is that it makes it useless
>> afterwards. The keypad will display CALL FOR SERVICE. You need special
>> software to load a fresh program to the SRAM chip. If you send me the
>> panel, I can do it in a few minutes.
>>
>> Jim Rojas
>> Technical Manuals Online!http://www.tech-man.com
>> 8002 Cornwall Lane
>> Tampa, FL 33615-4604

> So your saying its not possible to default the panel, and download the
> programming from a 5200 programmer? If thats the case I may need to
> send it too you.

Yes that is true. However, a dead panel cannot be resurrected with a
5200 prgrammer without the factory code. I instead load the SRAM
directly since the factory will not share their way of doing it.

Radionics uses 1980's technology...does CPM come to mind?

Jim Rojas
Technical Manuals Online!
http://www.tech-man.com
8002 Cornwall Lane