Re: Automatic fire sprinklers

In article
<prestwhich-6EA7DF.20541115012011@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
 Smitty Two <prestwhich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >     It was known, FYI,
>
> Looks like your transmission was cut off at the end, but thanks for the
> history.

  Yeah and by now I have forgotten what tremendously salient point I was
trying to make (g). I have always thought it sort of an interesting
example of the law of unintended consequences that airbags were
originally thought as a replacement for seat belts, until they started
killing people. Bureaucratic oopsy.
   ALthough to be fair, the regs for airbags called for inflation forces
that were above what most of the airbags at the time were doing. (Which
triggered another round of rulemaking, BTW). I have often wondered if
the less aggressive airbags might have actually done their job.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
 ---PJ O'Rourke