Re: Automatic fire sprinklers

On Jan 16, 7:47=A0am, Kurt Ullman <kurtull...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article
> <prestwhich-6EA7DF.20541115012...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> =A0Smitty Two <prestwh...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > =A0 =A0 It was known, FYI,
>
> > Looks like your transmission was cut off at the end, but thanks for the
> > history.
>
> =A0 Yeah and by now I have forgotten what tremendously salient point I wa=
> trying to make (g). I have always thought it sort of an interesting
> example of the law of unintended consequences that airbags were
> originally thought as a replacement for seat belts, until they started
> killing people. Bureaucratic oopsy.
> =A0 =A0ALthough to be fair, the regs for airbags called for inflation for=
ces
> that were above what most of the airbags at the time were doing. (Which
> triggered another round of rulemaking, BTW). I have often wondered if
> the less aggressive airbags might have actually done their job.
>
> --
> "Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is=
 to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
> =A0---PJ O'Rourke

Just look at anti lock brakes how they where suppose to save lives and
instead end up taking lives when people push down here the strange
noise there suppose to make and then let off and try to pump there
brakes instead.
again lack of education and people die.