Re: Automatic fire sprinklers

On Jan 15, 11:54=A0am, Smitty Two <prestwh...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article
> <d3b9024a-be23-4f66-9444-2a1b8ce51...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>
> =A0Evan <evan.news.re...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > ... airbags became
> > a requirement in cars because people were failing to use the
> > seatbelts...
>
> I'm not looking around intentionally for things to disagree with you on,
> but you make some irrational assumptions about things.
>
> Airbags are known by the acronym SRS for a reason. They were *never*
> intended to replace seatbelts. The issue of people not wearing seatbelts
> was addressed with seatbelt laws, not airbags.

The problem is community's that have run these model sprinkler
programs have good water supply relatively flat etc etc.
which makes a big difference I can look out my window and I am even
with water tank on hill what kind of pressure you think we have here.
They always cite this community outside philly with sprinklers again a
flat community with all new 18" water lines
Then you have to wonder how many systems are actually still turned on
after first hard freeze I will bet at least 20% will not work. but as
usual no one wants to talk about it it is always rosy glasses.
guess there going to have to find out 20 years out what bad mistakes
where made.
just like with this new pex pipe looks great now what about 20 years
from now.