Re: Automatic fire sprinklers

Nick,

Did you imagine when you started this thread it would explode into so much
conversation??  And did you notice that we have a lot more lurkers that have
now decided to participate??

It just boggles the mind some times. ( @@ )

And for my .02 cents on the topic.  I have seen the CONTROLLED video of a
fire with out sprinklers and then with.  And yes it is impressive.  The
problem I see is that fire does not always do it the Controlled way.
Sprinklers will only help is certain situations, not all.

The problem as I see it is that it will take another 40 years in order to
get enough stats to decide if the decisions that were made in 2010 were
actually a good cost effective thing to do.  Right now the decision was
based mostly on projections of what it would be IF.  I would think it would
have been by far better if the law would have read like this.
Sprinklers in new homes are a voluntary install.  If you voluntarily decide
to install there will be a tax incentive to do so or $XXX.00.  If you choose
not to install there will be a small tax that will be applied to a escrow
account that will help all Fire Departments in your state or you local area.
I know my wordage is not the best (not going to spend the time to use my
legal format) but you should get the idea.

That would be a law that I could support.  Clean, simple and effective.
Unlike what was done which for the most part once again crammed it down the
throat of the Pennsylvania people.  Oh, then there is the thought that maybe
this is a way of "job creation" that they keep talking about.

Les